Posted by: Skin And Cancer Institute in Cosmetic Procedures
When a person loses significant weight, they often consider liposuction. Liposuction is used in areas of the body where fat is difficult to get rid of. Liposuction, a successful procedure for many years, now has a competitor called CoolSculpting.
The patient must make an appointment with a dermatologist’s office and speak to the doctor to decide which procedure is right for their body, lifestyle and situation. Even though both procedures remove unwanted fat from the body, you should ask your doctor important questions to help you decide which procedure is best for your body.
Liposuction: The Surgical Solution
Liposuction removes excess fat by vacumming fat deposits just under the skin. This removal of excess fat causes a slimmer body and reshapes areas of the body. People who have not had good results from any diet or exercise program make good candidates for Liposuction, however is no answer to obesity.
- Anesthesia required for this surgical procedure
- Recuperation time recommended
- Removes more fat then CoolSculpting
- Takes only one session to see immediate and dramatic results
- Risks are always present with any kind of surgery
- Some bruising and swelling is expected after the procedure and possibly for many weeks
- Compression garments may be ordered in order to control swelling
- Treats saggy, loose skin and cellulite areas
CoolSculpting Procedure is Non-Invasive
Coolsculpting removes excess fat by freezing fatty deposits lying just under the skin. This procedure is non-invasive, meaning; no incisions in the skin are required and is FDA approved.
- No anesthesia
- No recuperation time, and the patient can return to normal activities that day
- The procedure can take one hour to several hours
- No scar areas
- No hospital
- The cost is less than Liposuction procedures
- This procedure is not as precise
- CoolSculpting, effective on the abdomen, thighs and flanks is not effective on other body areas
- The effects of this procedure may take up to six months and at least three months
- This procedure is good for the patient who is near their normal adult body weight range and who have experienced no loss of fat deposits in the abdomen, thighs, and flank areas.
- Removes less fat than Liposuction
- One session removes no more than 25-30 percent fat
- Takes several sessions to see required results
- Areas treated may be numb or sensitive after the procedure
- Does not tighten the skin texture
Call one of our multiple LA Laser Center offices in either California, Arizona or Nevada if you are looking for a top-notch dermatologist who offers precise, quality results.